- Trusted Seed Membership
- Why should I join the Trusted Seed?
- How do I join the Trusted Seed?
- Can my organization apply to the Trusted Seed?
- What are the legal implications of joining the Trusted Seed within my specific country?
- Do I have to report to anyone in my country that I am a member of this association?
- Is it clear where I have breached the Terms & Conditions?
- Is there a list of what will be covered by the legal mutual aid program?
- What liabilities are removed by the legal mutual aid of the Swiss Association?
- Why is the Swiss Association a legal entity?
- Why is the Trusted Seed a Swiss Association?
- TRUST Score
- What is $TRUST?
- What rights does $TRUST give me?
- How do I receive Praise (& more $TRUST!)
- How should I store my $TRUST?
Trusted Seed Membership
Why should I join the Trusted Seed?
- Be a core part of an altruistic & tech-forward community aiming to empower commons with the new tools of #TokenEngineering
- Get access to Commons Hatches to steward and cultivate shared resources
- Legal mutual aid for any approved #Blockchain4good DAO or Commons
- Receive Trusted Seed swag and more
How do I join the Trusted Seed?
- Apply for membership at https://trustedseed.org/join
- After a short “Proof of Altruism” background check, our team will send you an acceptance email with the next steps for membership
- Activate your membership in the Trusted Seed’s Swiss Association by donating to the Trusted Seed project on Giveth. Here’s the step-by-step guide to activating your membership.
- Minimum dues are 450 DAI, but contributions above this amount are welcome!
- Check your TRUST Score in your dashboard & xDai wallet - you’re in!
For more information, read the full article here.
Can my organization apply to the Trusted Seed?
Entire organizations are not able to apply to the Trusted Seed at this time. It is outside the scope of coverage the Swiss Membership can provide.
However, a single individual representing their organization may apply as a Trusted Seed member. Those individuals who activate their membership will hold a TRUST Score and be charged to stay relatively up-to-date on the happenings in the Trusted Seed ecosystem. Only active members will be eligible for the legal mutual aid of the Trusted Seed Swiss Membership.
What are the legal implications of joining the Trusted Seed within my specific country?
The legal structure of the Trusted Seed is designed for the most litigious legal environments (for example, within the United States). It is designed to support its members in case they face legal issues from their normal good faith actions within DAOs and Commons that are often considered general partnerships with potential legal liability for individuals.
Do I have to report to anyone in my country that I am a member of this association?
No. The legal structure proposed allows the membership to be treated in a similar manner as a membership at your local gym. There should be no reporting requirements but it is always a good idea to stay informed of regulatory changes within your local and national jurisdictions.
Is it clear where I have breached the Terms & Conditions?
The rules are located in our Terms & Conditions that members must agree to before joining the Swiss Association. In summary, if you act in good faith and do not perform any intentionally illegal actions, you should remain eligible for legal mutual aid.
Is there a list of what will be covered by the legal mutual aid program?
There is not a defined list, but all good faith participation in approved DAOs will generally be covered.
What liabilities are removed by the legal mutual aid of the Swiss Association?
The Trusted Seed doesn't remove any liabilities. Unfortunately, if you hold tokens in a DAO or Commons, in many jurisdictions you can be held 100% individually liable for any actions made by the DAO. However, if you are a member of Trusted Seed, and you were acting in good faith as a member of a qualified DAO, we will fight for you! We will contribute to your legal defense and rally support from the greater community.
Why is the Swiss Association a legal entity?
To operate in ‘the real world’, only legal entities can limit liability.
Why is the Trusted Seed a Swiss Association?
- Avoids ‘general partnership’ designation
- Simple constitutional requirements
- Members rather than investors
- Open to anyone from anywhere
- Satisfies minimum viable centralisation
- Read the Swiss Association T&C’s & Statutes
What is $TRUST?
TRUST score ($TRUST) is formerly CSTK score. The name has changed but everything works the same. It is still a non-transferrable reputation token that represents the “skin in the game” that value-driven members of the blockchain community have put towards advancing Commons Stack’s mission. Like $CSTK, $TRUST is on Gnosis Chain.
What rights does $TRUST give me?
Anyone holding $TRUST is a member of our Trusted Seed, a highly curated list of reputable & experienced community members who are aligned with our mission of creating sustainable funding for public goods using token engineering and commons management best practices.
- Participate in governance decisions and the Hatch of upcoming Commons
- Help steward resources and decision-making for mission-aligned projects
- Get TSLove tokens, which get you free Commons Stack swag from our store (https://swag.trustedseed.org/)
How do I receive Praise (& more $TRUST!)
- Join the Commons Stack Discord or Telegram, where we dish praise:
- Collaborate on Trusted Seed and Commons Stack initiatives & get praised for your work
- At the end of each month, praise gets quantified into a TRUST score, which is added to your ETH address that you provided in your Trusted Seed application
- Enjoy getting dished praise? Curious about how to get the Praise Giver role? Join our Trusted Seed Community Calls on Commons Stack Discord server. Add our events to your calendar!
How should I store my $TRUST?
- $TRUST is native to the xDAI EVM chain, and we highly recommend storage on Metamask
- Smart contract wallets like DAO multisigs on Gnosis or Aragon are less compatible for cross-chain operations.
- Here’s a primer on how to set up Metamask to work on the xDAI network
- Remember, if worse comes to worst and your tokens become locked or unusable somehow: The Trusted Seed can always burn your old score and issue you new ones since we are centralized arbiters of the $TRUST!